Delage Farms Ltd. was started when Maurice and Janet Delage purchased the home half section located just north of Indian Head in 1980 followed by the farmhouse and yard a few years later. The yardsite was part of the original Qu’Appelle Valley Farming Company or more commonly known “Bell Farm” that farmed 60,000 acres in the Indian Head area during the 1880’s.
Maurice and Janet slowly grew the farm while commuting from Regina on weekends with daughters Tracy, Cara, Aimee and son Marc in tow. Maurice continued to work in the crop protection and biotechnology industry until transitiong to farming full time in 2001.
Maurice and Janet soon put their focus on growing the farm and improving operations while Maurice also committed time to various industry boards such as Investment Saskatchewan, Crop Life Canada, American Crop Protection Institute, Ag West Bio, and the Bell Barn Society. During this time Marc attended the College of Agriculture at the University of Saskatchewan where he met Janel who was also attending the College. After obtaining his degree in Agribusiness and Janel obtaining her degree in Agronomy they both pursued careers in the agriculture industry before returning to the farm in 2011 which after ten years of growth had increased to approximately 20,000 acres.
Today, Maurice, Janet, Marc & Janel along with a skilled, dedicated and commited staff share a passion for agriculture that continues to grow as our industry changes and evolves. We look forward to facing the challenges our industry will face in the years to come.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.